Group established to welcome asylum seekers to Moville

first_imgAudioHomepage BannerNews Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows By News Highland – November 15, 2018 Group established to welcome asylum seekers to Moville Twitter Google+ RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Pinterest News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Previous article29 people awaiting admission at LUHNext articleSeanad told Moville plan must be backed with community supports News Highland Google+center_img WhatsApp A group has been established on Facebook to welcome asylum seekers who are due to arrive ast the Caiseal Mara Hotel in Moville in the coming weeks.The group was started after local woman Tracey Cullen Sheehan put a post on Facebook, with over 100 people joining a group which has been set up as a result.She told the Nine til Noon Show that those who are coming need support and security, and will be recovering from traumatic experiences…….Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/tracey1pm.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.However, a number of people continue to raise questions about the impact the arrival of up to 100 people will have on resources in Moville, and whether the town has the capacity to cater for them.On today’s Nine til Noon Show, Education Minister Joe Mc Hugh said they are legitimate questions, and he and other ministers are taking notice…….Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/jomoville.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Facebook Twitter Derry draw with Pats: Higgins & Thomson Reaction DL Debate – 24/05/21 Facebook Pinterest FT Report: Derry City 2 St Pats 2 WhatsApplast_img read more

Venezuela seizes 2.6 Tons of Cocaine Destined for Honduras

first_img Reverol added that so far this year, the authorities have seized 19,706 kilos of drugs, “six tons more” than the amount registered through April of last year. On the other hand, the head of the National Anti-Drug Office, Néstor Reverol, reported that two Venezuelans were arrested during the operation: an employee of the customs agency which processed the load, and the manager of the company that requested the shipment. “In Maracaibo, after intelligence efforts, we were able to deal a striking blow against international drug trafficking with the seizure of 2,694 kilos of cocaine,” Rodríguez said to state-run TV station VTV from the port of Zulia. “According to the information we have so far, it is presumed that the cargo was bound for Central America, specifically Honduras,” he added. Venezuelan authorities seized 2.6 tons of cocaine in Zulia state on April 25, which were intended to be sent to Honduras, the Minister of Interior and Justice Miguel Rodríguez reported. center_img By Dialogo April 29, 2013 Venezuela has been identified by the United Nations as a country free of illicit crops, although it is considered an important transit point to major consumer markets. In 2012, the local authorities seized 45 tons of drugs, half of which were cocaine shipments, according to official figures.last_img read more

COVID-19: Health Ministry grants Jakarta’s request to impose large-scale social restrictions

first_imgTopics : According to Government Regulation No. 21/2020 on large-scale social restrictions, regional governments are required to obtain a permit from the Health Ministry to impose such physical distancing measures by submitting a proposal to the task force.Anies proposed to the Health Ministry to impose large-scale social restrictions in Jakarta on Thursday as the pandemic continued to worsen in the capital city, the hardest-hit by the coronavirus in the archipelago.“What we need is for the central government to hurry up to grant the status so we can issue regulations,” Anies said recently.Large-scale social restrictions are regulated under the 2018 Health Quarantine Law, which stipulates that the measure includes suspending schools and offices, limiting religious activities and restricting gathering in public places.Jakarta — the country’s epicenter of the outbreak — has recorded 1,232 confirmed COVID-19 cases so far, making up nearly half of the country’s official tally of 2,491 infections as of Monday afternoon.The capital recorded 99 fatalities from the disease out of a nationwide death toll of 209. Based on the results of epidemiological studies and the consideration of regional preparedness in social, economic and other aspects, large-scale social restrictions need to be implemented in Jakarta to reduce the spread of COVID-19, according to the decree.The considerations were taken in coordination with the national COVID-19 task force, the ministry’s head of media and public opinion Busroni said.Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan could start managing the implementation in Jakarta according to his regional capacity once a permit letter was sent to the Jakarta administration on Tuesday,  Bursroni said.Read also: Anies slams red tape in pandemic fightcenter_img The Health Ministry has approved the Jakarta administration’s proposal to implement large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) in the capital, the first region in the country to apply such a measure to tackle the largely unabated coronavirus disease.Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto issued on Tuesday a ministerial decree concerning the approval, a copy of which was obtained by The Jakarta Post, saying that the decision had been made following several considerations.“Existing data show there has been a significant increase and rapid spread of COVID-19 cases, accompanied by local transmission occurrences in the province of Jakarta,” the decree read.last_img read more

Updates coming to Profile and Dashboard

first_imgWhy do we have to change the Profile and Dashboard pages?There are two reasons why we have to change the Profile and Dashboard before implementing more functionality: usability and technical limitations.When the Dashboard page was created nearly 16 years ago, we didn’t have designers lending their expertise on how to best organize the page. That created a conundrum when we released new features. Instead of devising an intuitive grouping of themed features, we just added them where we found space and the page eventually became the “junk drawer” of Geocaching.com.Among the main issues with the page’s arbitrary organization was that there was no visual hierarchy to let people know what information is most important to view or where they should look first. This means that most geocachers navigate the page by memorization or using Control-F on their keyboard – which results in a poor user experience. When we took a holistic look at the page through data and watched how geocachers were using it, we found that the duplication of links both within the Dashboard and between the Dashboard and Profile page were confusing and a lot of links weren’t used. We decided to improve the experience by removing unused links and creating themed areas. We also moved the links that we saw were being used most often to the top of the page for easier access.Our primary code base is ancient when it comes to technological standards and a lot of us at Geocaching HQ refer to it as “spaghetti code” – meaning when you touch one piece of it, it will most likely break about eight other things. We have wanted to add feature improvements to areas of Geocaching.com for years, but our legacy code limitations have always held us back. Therefore it becomes necessary to create new pages in order to add new, scalable functionality to the site.Why are we changing the default display?We learned through data that only 2.4% of active geocachers have anything entered in their custom profile information tab. It makes for an inconsistent experience when most people land on an empty page. The ‘geocaches’ tab is relevant to everyone who plays the game. We could add an “empty state” (a bit of information that tells you what you are missing out on and how to add content, if you currently have none) on the page for those who don’t have any content. But all of that code is part of our legacy (aka: spaghetti) code base and we run the risk of breaking the custom content for the people who do have it on their profile. So we end up playing the balance game to keep the content available, but shift location or build something that is relevant to everyone and risk breaking it. We’ll look at community feedback and use of the page after this release to help us determine next steps.The updated Profile and Dashboard will be available for you to play with coming next week. You can opt in while we’re tweaking the new page and working to make frequent edits based on your feedback. Or you can stick with the existing Profile and Dashboard for now.Share with your Friends:More If you follow our newsletter and blog, you know we talk a lot about the geocaching community. There’s a reason for that. We’re different than other games. There is no game without the geocaching community.To build a foundation to better support geocaching friendships on Geocaching.com, we are going to release updates to the Profile and Dashboard (aka: the /my page) early next week. Those changes are going to be released alongside the current Profile and Dashboard pages and you can opt in to give them a try next week.The update will allow us to add a newsfeed to your Dashboard, that keeps you informed about what your friends are up to.What will change?With the first release we will simplify each page by removing duplicate and obsolete links, and update the user interface to become more intuitive. SharePrint RelatedUpdates to Profile and Dashboard: FAQsMay 16, 2017In “News”Make friends with the updated Profile and DashboardMay 16, 2017In “News”Latest addition to the Dashboard and Profile makes this project a wrapDecember 19, 2017In “News”last_img read more

Skype For Business Is a Go Now That Litigation Settled With eBay

first_imgIT + Project Management: A Love Affair Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Related Posts Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of… Skype’s litigation woes with eBay had businesses a bit worried. Funding Skype in the enterprise looked risky with the potential that a judge could at some point pull the code base out from under Skype and leave businesses stranded.But that’s not an issue anymore. According to Network World, Skype now has rights to the code that is essential for the service to run. That means Skype for business is a green light for the companies seeking to use the VOIP service.Last month, eBay agreed to sell Skype to a consortium that included the founders, Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis. As part of the deal, Skype retains the technology that would be required to service business users.Using the Skype network can save companies and organizations millions of dollars per year in telecommunications costs. Call centers, international calls and a host of other services can be transferred to the Skype VOIP network.Skype is making a big play in the corporate market. Earlier this year, the company announced Skype for SIP, which gives businesses the capability to hook a company’s SIP infrastructure into the Skype network.The beta program is underway with several PBX providers, including Cisco and Shoretel.Still, the biggest issue is better integration. As one analyst said to Network World:“It’s a game changer,” said Irwin Lazar, an analyst with Nemertes Research. “The level of frustration trying to get SIP to work can be enormous.” center_img Tags:#enterprise#news alex williams 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Nowlast_img read more

10 months agoChelsea boss Sarri on Brighton win: We could’ve played better

first_imgChelsea boss Sarri on Brighton win: We could’ve played betterby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Maurizio Sarri felt they weren’t at their best for victory at Brighton.Eden Hazard set up Pedro’s opener and then scored the second in a deserved victory at Brighton, which ended in a closer game than it looked like it would for much of the afternoon after Solly March pulled a goal back.”We could have won better because we played very well for 60 minutes,” said Sarri.”We conceded a goal in a moment in which we were in full control of the match. My mind was clear in that moment that we had to suffer in the last five minutes with long balls into our box. We are not a physical team.”With the substitutions I tried to have more physical impact in the last five minutes, but it was clear it was really very difficult in the last five minutes. But we could have won better.”Sarri added: “When we have the feeling of being in full control of the match, we are dangerous to ourselves. We know that we suddenly lowered the level of application and attention.”Their goal was the first situation in our box for 30 minutes. We were a bit unlucky, but the feeling when we have confidence and are sure we are in control of the match, is that we are dangerous to ourselves.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

a month ago​Champions League final was world’s biggest annual sporting event on social media

first_imgTagsPremiership NewsAbout the authorIan FerrisShare the loveHave your say ​Champions League final was world’s biggest annual sporting event on social mediaby Ian Ferrisa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveThis year’s all-English UEFA Champions League final has broken a record of over 1 billion social media interactions, cementing its place as the world’s biggest annual sporting event, reports www.fcbusiness.co.ukAvailable and comparable data showed that the final of the world’s premier football club competition outperformed all other major events in 2019 by more than 30%, while according to the video optimisation and online video analytics company Conviva, “the UEFA Champions League final is now the biggest sports event ever on Instagram stories from a single account” with 177 million impressions. The stand-out figure of 1.09 billion social media interactions includes all engagements (likes, shares and comments) and video views, 110% up from the final a year ago. Interactions were tracked across all of UEFA’s social accounts as well as the official accounts of the participating teams, players and various media organisations around the world. Almost half – 486 million – of the interactions were generated from UEFA’s social media platforms, with the remaining 604 million coming from other sources. “For years, the UEFA Champions League final has been the biggest one-day sporting event in terms of the media coverage it gets, and the results from the Madrid final corroborate that this is also true on social media,” said UEFA marketing director Guy-Laurent Epstein.The UEFA Champions League competition itself – from group stage to semi-finals (1 September 2018 to 9 June 2019) – drew over 6.5 billion interactions originating from UEFA’s own social media channels, including 3 billion cross-platform video views. last_img read more

a month agoCrouch: Spurs just suffering blip

first_imgCrouch: Spurs just suffering blipby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Tottenham striker Peter Crouch insists their poor start to the season is just a “blip”.He wrote for the Daily Mail: “(Mauricio) Pochettino is the best thing that has happened to Tottenham in 20 years. I say that as someone who was at the club in the late 1990s and, again, 10 years later when Harry Redknapp took charge: I’ve seen good and bad times first hand and I know what I’m seeing now.”This is a blip, nothing more. I was at Leicester seven days ago and I didn’t see too much wrong with their performance. “They should, really, have won that game and I will argue with anyone who thinks VAR was brought in to decide offside calls like the one which went against Son Heung-min.” read more

15 days agoBournemouth boss ​Howe excited over Diego Rico contribution

first_imgAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Bournemouth boss ​Howe excited over Diego Rico contributionby Freddie Taylor15 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBournemouth manager Eddie Howe is pleased with the progress that Diego Rico is making at the club.The Spanish star is starting to show his quality for the Cherries in the Premier League.He played 90 minutes in four of the past Bournemouth league games.He was disappointing last term, but Howe believes the penny has dropped with Rico.Asked about Rico’s recent impact, Howe told reporters: “I have been very impressed in recent weeks.”He’s had a decisive say in a lot of games. If you look at the assists he has made for the team, his corners and free-kicks have been really valuable to us.”You look at the Southampton game, the Everton game and the West Ham game. He has played a key role in goals for us which have changed the game at that moment.”Tight games have been swung in our favour because of it.”I think he has grown into the position, is growing in confidence all the time. The challenge for him is to maintain that progression.”If he does with his qualities, he is going to be an important player for us.” last_img read more

Tone and terms of missing murdered women inquiry will be critical Wally

first_imgThe Canadian PressOTTAWA – A former B.C. attorney general who led the province’s Missing Women Commission of Inquiry says the federal government must strike the right tone and clearly define the terms for its own study of missing and murdered Indigenous women.Wally Oppal conducted hearings and published a 2012 report on how authorities handled cases involving missing and murdered women in the wake of the Robert Pickton case. Pickton is a serial killer convicted in 2007 of the murders of six women and charged in the deaths of 20 others.Oppal says the incoming Liberal government must determine what kind of inquiry it will conduct to ensure it is proactive in nature.“I would think that if you’re going to have an inquiry, you don’t need to have one of the type that we had, where the police were cross-examined for endless days because one of our tasks was to find out what the police did wrong during the Pickton years,” Oppal said.“I think if they’re going to have one, they should have an inquiry that goes to the various communities and the centres, a commissioner or group of commissioners, to get the voice of the communities.“It never hurts to talk to the communities to get their views and to bring them on side.”Oppal also says the Grits should take previous inquiries into account to ensure the new investigation does not retrace old ground.In their election platform, the Liberals committed to “immediately” starting a national public inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls in Canada.The party said it would seek recommendations for governments, law enforcement and others to help “solve these crimes and prevent future ones.”It also committed to spending $40 million on the study over two years.Oppal said it will be important for the government to spend wisely.“You could not have the type of inquiry that we had, where we had witnesses being called and being examined, you couldn’t do that for $40 million across the country,” he said. “The moment you announce a national inquiry, the lawyers are going to line up. So you have to be careful as to how you’re going to spend the money.”last_img read more