Linkedin Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads by Alan [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up WEST Limerick women came together to show their support this week for the 16 Days Campaign to help break the silence around domestic violence.Staff of West Limerick Resources and members of the Newcastle West community joined staff of the West Limerick Primary Health Care Project for Travellers at a coffee morning as part of the 16 Days of Action Opposing Violence Against Women.Since its inception in 199, more than 5,179 groups in 187 countries have taken part in the campaign. In Ireland last year, more than 140 groups – including the West Limerick Primary Health Care Project for Travellers – took part in the National Balloon Action or organised other events as a show of support.According to Women’s Aid, one in five women in Ireland experience domestic abuse during their lifetime, and it is estimated that 213,000 women in Ireland are living with severe abuse from their boyfriends, husbands and partners.Community Health worker, Nora Harty said, “Domestic abuse affects all walks of life, women from different communities, cultures and ethnic groups. It is important that we all play our part in raising awareness about domestic abuse which is the use of physical or emotional force or the threat of physical force, including sexual violence in close adult relationships.” Facebook NewsLocal NewsWest Limerick women support 16 Days campaignBy Alan Jacques – December 11, 2014 676 Advertisement Print Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories TAGS16 days of Action Against Violence Against WomenlimerickNewcastle WestWest LimerickWest Limerick Primary Health Care Project for Travellers Email Previous articleBusy night for emergency servicesNext article125 new jobs on the way Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Twitter WhatsApp Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live
Reverol added that so far this year, the authorities have seized 19,706 kilos of drugs, “six tons more” than the amount registered through April of last year. On the other hand, the head of the National Anti-Drug Office, Néstor Reverol, reported that two Venezuelans were arrested during the operation: an employee of the customs agency which processed the load, and the manager of the company that requested the shipment. “In Maracaibo, after intelligence efforts, we were able to deal a striking blow against international drug trafficking with the seizure of 2,694 kilos of cocaine,” Rodríguez said to state-run TV station VTV from the port of Zulia. “According to the information we have so far, it is presumed that the cargo was bound for Central America, specifically Honduras,” he added. Venezuelan authorities seized 2.6 tons of cocaine in Zulia state on April 25, which were intended to be sent to Honduras, the Minister of Interior and Justice Miguel Rodríguez reported. By Dialogo April 29, 2013 Venezuela has been identified by the United Nations as a country free of illicit crops, although it is considered an important transit point to major consumer markets. In 2012, the local authorities seized 45 tons of drugs, half of which were cocaine shipments, according to official figures.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Ashley Cole reveals how Arsenal’s collapse convinced him to join Chelsea Comment Advertisement Ashley Cole says Arsenal’s failure to replace key players forced his move to Chelsea (Getty Images)Ashley Cole says that the departure of Arsenal’s key players was a decisive factor behind his move to Chelsea.Cole came through Arsenal’s academy and helped the club win two Premier League titles and three FA Cup trophies before making the controversial switch to Chelsea in 2006.The former England left-back has denied suggestions that he was motivated to join Chelsea for the money and claims Arsenal were ‘falling apart’ by the time he left Arsene Wenger’s side after failing to replace important players.‘The transition in terms of being in a different group, environment and players was easy because at the time when I first started at Arsenal, that was the core – the Keowns, the Seamans, the Vieiras, the Henrys, the Adams’,’ Cole told BBC Sport.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘When they started to leave, this is just me personally, I felt there were holes in the culture of what it was that brought success.‘I just felt it was falling apart a bit, or there were gaps missing and they weren’t filled. Metro Sport ReporterSunday 24 May 2020 12:53 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.8kShares Advertisement Ashley Cole won the Champions League with Chelsea in 2012 (Getty Images)‘So that transition in terms of finding myself in a different culture and the willingness and want to win, I went to Chelsea and I had that.’Asked if he would handle the move differently if given another chance, Cole replied: ‘Yeah, I think when you look back, there were mistakes, for sure, on both sides.‘One hundred per cent, it’s not just entirely my fault and it’s not entirely their fault.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I was probably a little bit too stubborn at the time and felt a little bit hard done by.‘I was a little bit babyish to be honest, but it’s something I won’t ever regret and I wouldn’t ever change that situation. It’s just something that happened. Maybe it was meant to be, who knows?‘But I definitely feel unjust about it because it wasn’t what people think in terms of money.‘It’s crazy, but that was probably the last thing on my mind.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page.
RelatedPosts Neymar, four others sent off as Marseille grab rare win at PSG Mbappe tests positive for coronavirus Three more PSG players test positive for coronavirus Paris St-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe’s ankle sprain injury will be reassessed in three days’ time, the Ligue 1 champions said on Saturday.Mbappe suffered an ankle sprain in Friday’s French Cup final win over St Etienne. A rough tackle from Loic Perrin saw the St Etienne defender catch Mbappe on the ankle and the 21-year-old collapsed on the pitch in pain before he was substituted.Perrin was sent off for the challenge as PSG won 1-0.“Serious right ankle sprain to the external lateral compartment. To be re-evaluated in 72 hours with clinical and ankle imaging analysis,” the club said of Mbappe’s injury in a statement.Mbappe returned to the bench on crutches after half-time.He later told French President Emmanuel Macron during the trophy ceremony that he heard a crack when he was tackled but did not think he had broken his ankle. Ligue 1 champions PSG did not say if Mbappe will feature in Friday’s French League Cup final against Olympique Lyonnais.The Parisians are chasing a quadruple of titles this season.They also face Italian side Atalanta in a UEFA Champions League quarter-final single leg knockout game in Lisbon on Aug. 12.Reuters/NAN.Tags: Ankle SprainInjuryKylian MbappeLigue 1PSG