COVID-19: Health Ministry grants Jakarta’s request to impose large-scale social restrictions

first_imgTopics : According to Government Regulation No. 21/2020 on large-scale social restrictions, regional governments are required to obtain a permit from the Health Ministry to impose such physical distancing measures by submitting a proposal to the task force.Anies proposed to the Health Ministry to impose large-scale social restrictions in Jakarta on Thursday as the pandemic continued to worsen in the capital city, the hardest-hit by the coronavirus in the archipelago.“What we need is for the central government to hurry up to grant the status so we can issue regulations,” Anies said recently.Large-scale social restrictions are regulated under the 2018 Health Quarantine Law, which stipulates that the measure includes suspending schools and offices, limiting religious activities and restricting gathering in public places.Jakarta — the country’s epicenter of the outbreak — has recorded 1,232 confirmed COVID-19 cases so far, making up nearly half of the country’s official tally of 2,491 infections as of Monday afternoon.The capital recorded 99 fatalities from the disease out of a nationwide death toll of 209. Based on the results of epidemiological studies and the consideration of regional preparedness in social, economic and other aspects, large-scale social restrictions need to be implemented in Jakarta to reduce the spread of COVID-19, according to the decree.The considerations were taken in coordination with the national COVID-19 task force, the ministry’s head of media and public opinion Busroni said.Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan could start managing the implementation in Jakarta according to his regional capacity once a permit letter was sent to the Jakarta administration on Tuesday,  Bursroni said.Read also: Anies slams red tape in pandemic fightcenter_img The Health Ministry has approved the Jakarta administration’s proposal to implement large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) in the capital, the first region in the country to apply such a measure to tackle the largely unabated coronavirus disease.Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto issued on Tuesday a ministerial decree concerning the approval, a copy of which was obtained by The Jakarta Post, saying that the decision had been made following several considerations.“Existing data show there has been a significant increase and rapid spread of COVID-19 cases, accompanied by local transmission occurrences in the province of Jakarta,” the decree read.last_img read more

Most Indonesians dissatisfied with administration’s COVID-19 response, survey finds

first_img“Compared to the central government, public satisfaction with regional administrations is higher,” Indo Barometer said in the survey report.The survey found that most of the respondents took issue with the central government’s inconsistent policies and slow distribution of social aid.The respondents also felt that the regional administration had been more responsive than the central administration and had better virus-handling measures.Indo Barometer said Jokowi should take the grievances of the respondents into consideration when devising policies in tackling the COVID-19 outbreak.”Two major problems regard social assistance distribution and inconsistent policies. This must be resolved,” the pollster said.According to the government count, Indonesia has 23,165 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 1,418 deaths as of Tuesday.Topics : A public opinion poll conducted by Jakarta-based pollster Indo Barometer has found that most of the respondents are dissatisfied with the way President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s administration is handling the COVID-19 outbreak.Conducted from May 12 to 18 and involving 400 participants across seven provinces – West Java, Central Java, East Java, Jakarta, Banten, North Sumatra and South Sulawesi – the survey found that 53.8 percent of the respondents said they were dissatisfied with the central government’s response to the public health emergency.In contrast, 57.3 percent of respondents were satisfied with their respective regional administrations.last_img read more

KPK detains former Bogor regent for alleged graft after serving sentence

first_imgIn addition to the embezzled funds, the KPK also accused Rachmat of accepting gratuities, namely a 20-hectare area of land located in Jonggol, Bogor regency given in 2011 and a Toyota Vellfire car worth Rp 825 million paid in installments between 2010 and 2013.For his alleged crimes, the KPK accused the suspect of violating articles 12f and 12b of the 2001 Corruption Law, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years’ imprisonment and a Rp 1 billion fine.The KPK will detain Rachmat at its detainment facility in South Jakarta for 20 days starting Thursday. The case was developed from a previous graft case implicating Rachmat, in which he allegedly accepted a bribe of Rp 4.5 billion from a businessman in a case related to the issuance of a forest conversion permit in Bogor. The corruption court sentenced him to five years and six months’ imprisonment in 2014 for his crime and Rachmat finished his sentence in June 2019.Topics : The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has detained Rachmat Yasin, former regent of Bogor, West Java, for allegedly embezzling Rp 8.93 billion (US$629,761) from various agencies during his time in office between 2008 and 2014.According to the antigraft agency, Rachmat asked for money from agencies and told them to take the cash from several sources, such as the honorarium for employee activities and incentives for local hospital services.“The regent allegedly used the money for his operations as regent and for campaign needs for the 2013 and 2014 regional head and legislative elections,” read a KPK document that was obtained by The Jakarta Post on Thursday.last_img read more

Kaka: I’ll take Messi over Ronaldo

first_img Kaka played with Ronaldo at Real Madrid. But he said in a Q&A: “I played with Cristiano and he’s really amazing, but I’ll go with Messi. “He’s a genius, a pure talent. The way he plays is incredible.Advertisement Loading… “Cristiano is a machine. It’s not just the way he’s strong, powerful and fast; he’s strong mentally. “He always wants to win and play. To be the best. For me, that’s the most incredible thing he has. read also:Disaster averted as Messi’s private jet forced to emergency landing “In the history of sport, they [Messi and Cristiano] are definitely in the top five. We are very lucky to have been able to see both of them.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img AC Milan hero, Kaka admits he rates Barcelona star Leo Messi ahead of Juventus ace Cristiano Ronaldo.last_img read more

St. Louis School 20017 Spooktacular Costume Contest a success

first_imgBatesville, In. — Members of the St. Louis School student council praise the generosity of the community after wrapping up their 2017 Spooktacular Costume Drive. Enough donations were received to provide costumes to 35 children in the area.The National Retail Foundation says on average about $75 is spent for candy and costumes, making it a $6.9 billion industry.last_img

November 5, 2018 Police Blotter

first_imgNovember 5, 2018 Police Blotter110518 Decatur County EMS Report110518 Decatur County Law Report110518 Decatur County Jail Report110518 Decatur County Fire Report110518 Batesville Police Blotterlast_img

RAM Clutches contingencies renewed for IMCA Stocks, Hobbies, SportMods

first_imgCOLUMBIA, S.C. – RAM Clutches continues a popular contingency award program benefitting drivers in four IMCA divisions this season.The Columbia, S.C., manufacturer gives $50 product certificates to IMCA Sunoco Stock Car, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock, Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod and IMCA Southern SportMod competitors.“We have just completed our fifth year as a sponsor of IMCA and we could not be happier with the response we have received,” said RAM’s Mike Norcia. “We are pleased and proud to support these racers and such a wonderful organization!”Top five eligible drivers in the EQ Cylinder Heads Northern and Southern regions for Stock Cars, Big Daddy Race Cars Northern and Southern regions for Hobby Stocks, and in both national North­ern and Southern SportMod standings earn RAM awards.Drivers in all four divisions must display two RAM decals on their race car, compete with a RAM manual transmission and return a com­pleted sign-up form to the IMCA home office by Aug. 1 to be eligible for those contingencies.All certificates will be presented during the national awards banquet in November or mailed begin­ning the following week from the IMCA home office.Other products with IMCA applications manufactured by RAM include flywheels, hydraulic bear­ings and repair parts.More information about those products is available at the www.ramclutches.com website, by call­ing 803 788-6034 and on Facebook.“The return on this program has been noted by our partners at RAM Clutches and has enabled us to renew for a sixth season in 2018,” said IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder. “They make a great product and our racers appreciate the ongoing support.”last_img read more

Braaten wins third straight at Yreka

first_imgJorddon Braaten won for the third time in as many Karl Kustoms Northern SportMod outings Saturday at Siskiyou Golden Speedway. (Photo courtesy of SC Images) Siskiyou Golden Speedway returns for a doubleheader Independence Day weekend presented by Hoppes Motorsports. Friday, July 3 will feature IMCA Modifieds and Karl Kustoms Northern SportMods, while Saturday, Independence Day, has sanctioned SportMods on the ticket. By Stephanie Deatherage  The Central Point, Ore., chauffeur won his third straight race of the campaign at Yreka.  Medford, Ore., racers Mike Medel and Merissa Henson were second and third, respectively. YREKA, Calif. (June 27) – The Karl Kustoms Northern SportMod division at Siskiyou Golden Speedway has been the realm of Jorddon Braaten in 2020 and such was again the case Saturday night.last_img read more

Switzerland County road work delayed by weather

first_imgSwitzerland County, In. —Officials from the Indiana Department of Transportation have delayed the start of chip/seal operations in Switzerland County until June 11. Weather permitting maintenance crews will begin work on State Road 129 from Greenbriar Ridge/Smith Ridge Road to the junction of State Road 250.Work was originally scheduled to begin June 4, but has been delayed due to weather.Motorists should expect delays in the area due to lane closures in the work zone. Flaggers will be present to manage traffic.Chip sealing coats existing pavement with liquid asphalt, sealing cracks and providing waterproof protection. This extends the service life of the roadway and lowers maintenance costs. Small chips of limestone are used to cover the asphalt, preventing it from spraying vehicles or sticking to tires. The chips also restore surface friction for improved skid resistance, maneuverability, and driver safety. Chip seal is a cost-effective pavement preservation technique, saving $6 to $14 in taxpayer expenditures for every $1 invested in extending the life of a roadway.last_img read more

Andy Ruiz Jr rejects WWE switch

first_imgRelatedPosts Saudi may have enough uranium deposits to make nuclear fuel – Reports Saudi Arabia sets date to lift some international flight restrictions UN says Khashoggi trial fell short on transparency, accountability Andy Ruiz Jr has revealed he rejected an offer from to star in WWE, deciding to focus on his upcoming rematch with Anthony Joshua instead.Meanwhile, fellow heavyweight Tyson Fury is set to make his wrestling debut on October 31 when he takes on Braun Strowman at the Crown Jewel pay-per-view show in Saudi Arabia.Ruiz said he was given the opportunity to become the latest boxer to enter the wrestling ring but is determined to retain his WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belts when he fights Joshua on December 7.The Mexican said:  “They invited me to go a while back when I won the title – they invited be to go over there and check it out.“But you know what, boxing is my life so this is the only thing I know how to do besides being with my family.‘I’m going to stick to boxing and accomplish more and maybe down the line we’ll look for something else to do.”The 30-year-old shook the boxing world in June when he knocked Joshua down four times to become world champion in New York, and he believes the Briton will take a more pragmatic approach in the rematch.He said: “He’s going to try and win by points. Especially since he’s going to be running around.  “My job is to cut the ring, and that’s exactly what we’ve been training for.‘”I don’t really worry about what he’s doing, you know. We have to worry about what we’re doing. He has to train hard.‘I feel that he has more pressure than I do. I just have to do what I have to do, and just let my hands go and focus.”Tags: Andy RuizBraun StrowmanSaudi Arabialast_img read more